Friday 22 November 2013

PROJECT 6: INTEGRATED PROJECT: DESIGN & BUILD ‘AN AMPHITHEATRE STAGE (Project 6a: Amphitheatre Stage Design)

  •    In a group of 16 members, all 12 groups of RUS104 need to design an amphitheatre with the topography condition of the given site (next to the end of the HBP E08 Studio Block facing the Penang Bridge) and tropical climate of Malaysia which is characterized by heavy rain, intense sunshine, windless condition etc.
  •   The presentation drawings of the proposed amphitheatre stage design should consists of:

-          Key Plan (NTS) and Location Plan (NTS)
-          Site Inventory (NTS)
-          Conceptual Design sketches and relevant bubble diagrams
-          Site Plan (with roof plan of the stage and landscapes) (1:100 scale)
-          Floor Plan (1:50 scale) (along with the dimensions & specifications)
-          Elevations - Front, Rear, Right & Left Sides (1:50 scale)
-          Horizontal and Longitudinal Sections (1:50 scale)
-          3 Details of structural joints (1:20 scale)
-          at least 3 Perspectives drawings

      I am so excited to be grouped with friends from different courses and races. With this, I hope that we can interact more especially between different races about the cultures of each others to minimize the understanding of each others.  

For this project, we are required to discuss, design and draw the amphitheatre. I had been elected to be in the costing group which suites the course/major that I am now studying in, that is quantity surveying. I hope that I can learn a lot from it .

 I had involved in many discussions and I helped in drawing and colouring of the detail drawings. These are the drawings produced by my team :










GROUP 4

No comments:

Post a Comment