Monday 30 September 2013

PROJECT 3a : OBJECT CREATION : A FREE-FORM SCULPTURE

§  Each student is required to create an object of a free-from sculpture that can be made from any materials (new or recycled)
§  The theme of the sculpture is ‘HARMONY’, but each student is free to choose their specific concept that is relevant to the stipulated theme.
§  The maximum size of the sculpture is 250mm (width), 300mm (length) and 450mm (height)
§  Each student should also include (freehand) written statement to describe about their sculpture design 

      Since the theme of this project is harmony, the first thing that came into my mind is the harmony between living things in the world. It can be the harmony between human beings, or harmony between animals and plants, and also harmony between human and other living things. 

I love green and the harmony of the environment is always the main issue that I am concerning about. Therefore, I had an idea of doing a sculpture with human and plants interacting in a harmonious situation. Hence, I had decided to use wires to complete my whole Project 3a with a human being playing on a swing which was hung around an old big tree.




These are some of the materials I bought for making the 100% steel wire sculpture. On the right hand side, it is the tree trunk in which I had used thousands and millions of steel wire, rolled and wrapped them together, until the shape like in the picture beside came out.




The tree with the branches. 




The 'little human' that I had made.





The completion of my sculpture!!! 
(100% made of steel)
      I am very satisfied with my sculpture, although it had tortured me a lot especially when dealing it by bending the wires with different thickness. However, no complaints should me made if you want to success as no one can achieve success in life without going through any hardships.

No comments:

Post a Comment